Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com

Notice of Construction - Wastewater Collection System Inflow & Infiltration Remediation

Phase 1 - August 30th, 2017

The Municipality of Meaford wishes to provide an update on the Meaford Wastewater Collection System Inflow & Infiltration Remediation Phase I project. The project spans from Ivan Street (Olivet Baptist Church entrance) to Sykes Street, and Sykes Street to the intersection of Edwin Street, including a small portion of Paul Street in the vicinity of Station Hill Park.

At this time, it is anticipated that construction components of this project will begin September 5th, 2017 and be completed by the end of October 2017.

The revised scope of this project includes the following:

  • Replacement of existing 100mm (4”) watermain with 150mm (6”) watermain and replacement of water shut-offs, valves and fire hydrants on Ivan Street only;
  • Replacement of existing sanitary sewer collection piping on Ivan Street and Paul Street;and
  • Partial reconstruction of the road and storm sewer collection, including the sidewalk replacement of Ivan Street sidewalks to the South side only, with the North side to be removed.
  • Re-lining of the Sykes St. South sanitary sewer between Ivan and Margaret Street.  Please note that re-lining will not involve road or boulevard works on Sykes Street. 

The Municipality is receiving 75% funding for this project through the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund (CWWF) from Provincial and Federal governments. The remaining 25% will be funded by the Municipality of Meaford. The funding allows for the Municipality to implement the recommendations identified through the recently completed Master Servicing Plan and the Inflow and Infiltration Studies.

For further information on this project, please contact: 

Rakesh Sharma, P. Eng.

Project Manager / Consulting Engineer

GSS Engineering

1010 9th Ave W - Unit 104D

Owen Sound, ON     N4K 5R7

Phone:  (519) 372-4828

rakeshsharma@gssengineering.ca

Chris Collyer

Chief Operator, Environmental Services

Municipality of Meaford

21 Trowbridge Street West

Meaford, ON      N4L 1A1

Tel:  (519) 538-1060 Ext. 1500

ccollyer@meaford.ca

FACEBOOK

  • 2017-11-24T18:52:34+0000
    #meaford

  • 2017-11-24T18:27:13+0000
    Municipality of Meaford shared Grey Bruce Health Services's event.

  • 2017-11-17T20:51:45+0000
    Owners Found - Thanks everyone! Dog found November 17, 2017 - Afternoon Location: 11th Line, Meaford Breed/gender: Yellow Lab, Male Please see photo. If you are the owner or know the owner, please call Georgian Triangle Humane Society at 705-445-5204. Thank you for your help!

Find an Event

Fri Nov 24 @ 8:00AM - 04:30PM
OUR CANADA: Coast to Coast and Back Again
Fri Nov 24 @10:00AM -
Forest of Reading
Fri Nov 24 @ 1:00PM - 03:00PM
Sr. Men's Euchre Club
Fri Nov 24 @ 1:00PM -
Bid Euchre