The Municipality has a Property Standards By-law and a Yards By-law which set out the minimum standards for building and property maintenance within the Municipality. Standards prescribed in these By-laws are intended to outline the reasonable maintenance and upkeep of yards, buildings and properties.
These standards are not intended to reflect those set out in newly constructed buildings. However, the Municipality does recognize the importance of maintaining existing buildings.
Some examples of standards covered by the property standards by-law include:
- General Standards for all property
- Surface Conditions and Drainage
- Sewer and Drainage
- Parking Areas, Walks and Driveways
- Accessory Buildings, Fences, and other structures
- Garbage Disposal
- Pest Prevention
- Building Standards (includes rental provisions)
- Vacant or Fire Damaged Lands and Buildings
- Farm Properties
For more information on Municipal By-laws or to make a complaint, contact:
Phone: 519-538-1060 ext. 1134